The holidays season is a time of pure joy for most. The gifts, the family and all that good food. It really couldn’t get any better than that. Another joy comes with all the great Christmas specials on television. These innocent movies hold a lot of cham to them even today, yet sometimes specials aren’t enough. Sometimes you need something more. Sometimes you need to bust out the Christmas movies. Here are five Christmas movies that need to be apart of your holiday.
- It’s a Wonderful Life – It’s a Wonderful Life isn’t only a great Christmas movie, but it’s an amazing movie by itself. It features the legendary James Stewart. The actor learns to appreciate everything he has and not to focus on what he doesn’t. No holiday movie will tug on your heartstrings quite like this one.
- A Christmas Story – This movie is essential for each holiday season. You just have to watch it. Watching it should never be an issue as it is pretty much forced upon you each holiday season. TBS usually plays this movie is 24 hour loop all throughout Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. So many memorable lines in this one.
- Home Alone – This movie is the Macaulay Culkin classic. In it he lives every kids dream as he is left home alone with a number of cool things to keep him preoccupied. He even gets his hand on money. This is a great Christmas movie, but is also a great movie all together.
- National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation – This is the third and most lackluster in a pretty decent series of movies. It’s a great Christmas movie, but as part of the series it doesn’t beat the first two.
- Ernest Saves Christmas – Back in the 1980’s and 1990’s, no holiday or event could be complete with Ernest making a movie about it. The man covered every holiday and Christmas was no exception. Ernest Saves Christmas is probably the best Ernest movie in the Ernest series.